February 5, 2011

Alternative/Indie - The Other Gender....

A highly positive take away from my Alternative/Indie education was coming across an increase in females involved in music. Not just Musicians, but the Management side looks to have improved too. I love that. Coming from the era of see Spot run, it warms the cockles of my heart. That reminds me, yo dudes, be nicer, more polite to the opposite gender. A simple courtesy that should be a fundamental part of your day.

OK, some examples? Ever heard “Undertow” by Warpaint?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMkqbY0oGKQ
4 chicks (chicks = affectionate term) who can flat out play. Their drummer is one of my favorite young drummers, along side the dude drummer in “Tame Impala” www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfcHq0hhFWg&feature=related
Both from OZ. Both play somewhat similar music. Both mere coincidences in my little zone of music happiness.

How about the angelic, soft as a baby's butt voices of the “School of Seven Bells” Twins. www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuKlw5l9BM8
So melodic.

I would be remiss were I not to endorse “Florence and the Machine”. My resident carrot top. www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZhN65vq9E
Interesting voice and seems a thoroughly likeable individual. There are too many to list that's for sure. Rock our world ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment